For some, 1975 is a banner year for music.
It’s the year artists grasp the full capability of the studio recording with monumental tracks like “Born to Run” and “Bohemian Rhapsody.” It’s also the year the dance floor heats up with disco standouts from KC & The Sunshine Band and Donna Summer.
Plus, a familiar face returns with a terrific album, and a new face emerges from the New York streets.
Join Tim and Chris is they discuss this great year, unveiling their top-12 songs from 1975. Then, VOTE for the greatest songs of all time! Songs from 1975, plus tunes from 1974, ’73, ’72, ’71, ’70 and ’69 are up for a shot to make the Hall of Songs! Vote now and come back on February 11 to find out which song or songs get in!
Our 1975 nominees:
- “Tangled Up in Blue” as performed by Bob Dylan
- Written by Bob Dylan; recorded December 1974; released January 1975
- “Shining Star” as performed by Earth, Wind & Fire
- Written by Maurice White, Larry Dunn and Philip Bailey; recorded September 1974; released January 1975
- “Get Down Tonight” as performed by KC and the Sunshine Band
- Written by Harry Wayne Casey and Richard Finch; recorded late 1974; released February 1975
- “I’m Not in Love” as performed by 10cc
- Written by Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman; recorded late 1974; released March 1975
- “Sweet Emotion” as performed by Aerosmith
- Written by Steven Tyler and Tom Hamilton; recorded March 1975; released April 1975
- “Thunder Road” as performed by Bruce Springsteen
- Written by Bruce Springsteen; recorded July 1975; released August 1975
- “Born to Run'” as performed by Bruce Springsteen
- Written by Bruce Springsteen; recorded August 1974; released August 1975
- “Love to Love You Baby” as performed by Donna Summer
- Written by Donna Summer, Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte; recorded June 1975; released August 1975
- “Wish You Were Here” as performed by Pink Floyd
- Written by Roger Waters and David Gilmour; recorded early 1975; released September 1975
- “Crazy on You” as performed by Heart
- Written by Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson; recorded August 1975; released September 1975
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” as performed by Queen
- Written by Freddie Mercury; recorded August 1975; released October 1975
- “Gloria” as performed by Patti Smith
- Written by Patti Smith and Van Morrison; recorded September 1975; released November 1975
Listen to the full episode for more, and then vote for the songs that you think are the greatest of all-time. Scroll down to vote. Then, come back on February 11, 2022 to find out the voting results, and February 13, 2022 for our discussion on 1976.